It's a less than an hour MRT ride there and surprisingly it's so close to home. I thought it would be around town and not at Little India, so plus points for distance man.But wasn't easy for me to find the school since I've only set foot there once and it was 2 years ago. Heck, I even forgot what I was doing then. I got lost and was on the direct opposite route that I was supposed to be on. And it took me awhile to realise that the street signs didn't match what was on google maps..yeah
The school wasn't half bad, not what I expected it to be though. I was expecting big fields, tall fences, air-conditioned hallways but it was just a building propped in the middle of construction sites. Like one of those shopping malls no one really goes. Other than that, everything else looks pretty sweet. I'm not an architecture enthusiast but the building looks awesome. What is privacy when you have glass windows for walls.
I became danventurous (what?) and went around exploring, especially the toilets, the toilets were nice and they had an exhibition on nationwide artworks by students for the public to see. Which made me wonder, is that how art is going to be at a tertiary level?
I'm not planning to go to neither NAFA or Lasalle and the talk today assured that. I think people have the idea that if you're good in art then you should be in an SOTA or NAFA but I don't have to. I don't have to be in an arts school to show what I'm passionate about.
Furthermore, I don't think any of the schools can teach me how to be an artist I envision myself to be. They are rigid, they want us to follow what they view in art and maybe it's okay to many but not for me. It feels like there's no freedom, like it's more left brain than right brain and I can't deal with that.
I hope that I am right about this and follow my gut with Ngee Ann.
ART EXHIBITION PICTURES
| Acension Of Fear by Tan Min Er, Natalie - painting |
| Family Bond by Charisse Foo Tsien Mei - strings with nails |
| Existence by Loh Fang Rong Esmond - painting |
| Once Upon a Twist by Brendan Mayle, Leow Yong An, Christopher Liaw, Max Ang, Joel Wong. - photography |
![]() |
| Consumanism by Aneirin Ruthou Flynn - sculpture / installation |

No comments:
Post a Comment